MIAZ offers a free service for members and their customers to resolve disputes/grievances in a friendly, efficient and unbiased way.
Guidelines on how the complaints/mediation service operates
- Before you approach the MIAZ with your complaint, you must first tell the MIAZ members about the issue. The MIAZ member must be given the opportunity to fix the problem first.
- If you are not satisfied with the response, then contact the MIAZ complaints department.
- Details of the complaint must be made in writing to the Association and accompanied by relevant supporting documents.
- Once documents have been received, the MIAZ complaints department will send a letter to the member involved along with a copy of your complaint. The member is given 7 days to respond in writing to MIAZ.
- A complaint must be referred to the Association within 3 months from the date the cause of the complaint manifested itself.
- A complaint which is the subject of legal proceedings falls outside the scope of the Association’s Complaints Service.
- Please note this service is only available to customers of current paid up members of MIAZ.